Sunday, October 30, 2022

Kit Bash: Plastic Panzerschreck Team

Looking to take a break from my current British airborne project I decided to return to my German army and bought a box of plastic Waffen SS to get some more bad guys for my British to shoot!

As I have a lot of basic infantry I thought I would make a support team next and decided on making a Panzerschreck (or Raketenpanzerbüchse 54) team entirely kit bashed from plastic. I really dislike the Warlord bolt action metals as they are hard to work with and seem to be a slightly smaller scale than the plastics which is very annoying!

Panzerschreck - Wikipedia
A German soldier aims his Panzerschreck

I mainly used parts from the British airborne PIAT arms and Waffen SS kit with the barrel and panels of the Panzerschreck made from a spare barrel and pieces from the Rubicon STUG III model. I used a few photos as reference for this strange but interesting weapon and am very happy with how it bashed together.


 

I then added a 'loader' using the PIAT team ammo arm (not historically accurate but it looks the part). For the paint job I decided to go with the SS Plane Tree Camo and followed this guide posted by Warlord.


Overall I'm happy with how the team turned out and it was a great little project!

Signing off,

Chewie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Scenario 3: The Battle for Nijmegen

  The Waal Bridge and Nijmegen following the battle. Background: Tuesday 19th September 1944 - the British Guards Armored Division and US 82...